Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Go Wild! African Lion Safari!


So, I went to the African Lion Safari yesterday, and might I say, it was quite fun!

I haven't been in a long while and going back brought memories of me growing up going there every year or so. I saw all the animals the safari is famous for plus many new ones like endangered deer from Afghanistan! This year the cheetahs were on display as free-range animals and not in cages. How and why the safari chose to do this, I don't know; it was pretty damn cool though!

Beating the 36 degree weather, I trekked through the park with water-bottle in hand and extras in my backpack. I made time for the Elephant show, Birds of Paradise show, and scenic train ride. If only I had more time, I'd watch the Birds of Prey show and go on the boat tour. The Birds of Paradise show featured many new animals including a toucan, peacock, and emu.

Finishing off the day I walked into the gift shop and bought a few small things for people at home. All in all, it was a great day! I put on sunscreen and I still tanned a lot! I've got the flip-flop lines to prove it!

Adult tickets were $24.95, and for a day full of safari fun it was more than worth it!

SAVINGS NOTE! If you show your CAA membership card you can get a discount! It isn't anything insane but every dollar counts!

Visit http://www.lionsafari.com/home.html for park details, hours, and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment